TURNING HEADS WHEREVER SHE GOES...
Gemma Kirby is a stunning country music performer on the rise and the last couple of fun filled years have been her shining years, after being handpicked as the support act for ADAM BRAND’S ‘GET ON YOUR FEET” National Tour.
Gemma has opened for Jimmy Barnes, has been featured in national media such as New Idea, The Morning Show, The Australian, The Courier Mail and more. Her debut single “Fallen Soldier” from her debut album “Semi-Precious” released in 2015 and recorded with award winning Producer - Matt Fell, remained in the top 40 CMC video charts for a staggering 15 weeks. The same video saw her gain recognition as a finalist in the 2016 People’s Choice Awards.
She released her single "Deceiving Eyes" which was an Australian music video first (where viewers can choose the ending) and thrust her into the national media spotlight.
Gemma has completed many successful Tamworth Country Music Festival which featured gigs with Ben Ransom, Adam Brand, Matt Cornell & Jonny Taylor. She was a 2016 finalist in the 2016 WA Music Awards and performed at The infamous Boyup Brook Festival.
She has played at the many national festivals including the Urban Country Music Festival, has an NT tour booked and has been chosen by PBR Australia to perform their anthem and VIP acoustic shows.
“Coal Train”, the second single from Gemma’s debut album “Semi-Precious” generated a string of country and mainstream media interest – featuring a LIVE interview on Channel 7’s The Daily Edition, and in QLD music media The Music and SceneStr magazine. She also took part in the PRIME TIME television show “This Time Next Year” and is currently confidentially filming for another prime time TV show to air mid 2019 on Channel 9.
Take a look at the links for more information on Gemma.
GEMMA KIRBY FACTS
GEMMA KIRBY FACTS
- The singing coal miner (She drives trucks in the mines - 7 x days on, 7 x days off).
- She is currently appearing on a prime time TV show to air mid 2017 called This Time Next year
- Her music rocks and because of her profession she relates well to all audiences.
- She graduated from the CMAA Academy of Country Music in 2011.
- She was selected to represent Australia in the World Championships of Performing Arts (WCOPA) in America
- There she won 10 medals (1 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze) as well as the title of Overall Champion of the World for the Country and Western Division.
- Gemma launched onto the radar of music fans and industry executives far and wide immediately.
- Her debut single FALLEN SOLDIER remained in the CMC Top 50 for a staggering 16 weeks.